What’s going on in Youth Church this July?
Independence is the embodiment of freedom. To experience our freedom we must understand who we are, what we believe, and how we treat others. Over time what we believe, understand, and how we treat others will grow and change just like everything in the universe does. Can you think of one thing in the universe that does not change form? Being aware of this growth, and playing an active role in it, is the definition of a spiritual practice.
-April Reeves, RScP
July 7th – YOUTH NIGHT
Dinner, movie, games. $10 suggested love offering. Sign-up in youth room.
July 30th – GAMES SUNDAY
5TH Sunday games- a time for youth groups to play, connect and grow
Do your own SBCSL Youth Group Project at Home!
Answer the following questions:
1. What three colors describe me the best and why?
2. What do you believe about the universe?
3. How do you want to treat other people and why?
Make art from who you are!
Write your Declaration of Independence:
1. Describe how you have become the person you are today.
2. Describe who you are becoming and how you will get there.
3. Describe how you treat others: what qualities do you want to share with others on your path?
Utilize your story
Using the colors you chose, create a flag:
1. What shapes and symbols describe you?
2. How does your flag show who you are?
3. Does your flag describe how you see the universe?
9:00am: Infant/Toddler, Elementary Ages
11:00am: Infant/Todder, K-3rd, 4th & 5th, Junior High, High School
1st Sunday of the Month: TEEN GROUP
Contact Youth Director:
April Reeves 714-305-7168, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Assistant Youth Director:
Lisa Ortiz 562-706-9289